MSc / PhD Software Engineer (24949)
Looking to get into technology? Keen to engage your analytical brain on interesting projects? Whether you have a scientific or engineering background, or just a methodical approach to problem solving – this is an excellent opportunity to kickstart your career.
This Cambridge based team is looking for exceptional individuals with high potential and aptitude, and a thirst to learn. They work with their clients who can be in a range of sectors and markets, providing technology focussed solutions. This could be providing software tools or hardware and could include work with drones for imaging, machine learning in financial services, Big Data analytics, DevOps deployment, or large scale cloud applications.
- You’ll be bright – book-smart. A high achiever throughout your schooling and at university, acing exams and taking on extra-curricular problems for fun. Some of the hardest decisions would have been what subjects to drop at A-level and university because you wanted to study them all.
- Your academic achievements will include A*/As at GCSEs and top grades at A-level / IB. At university you’ll have a 1st class degree – possibly in a STEM subject. You will also have further studied for a Masters or PhD.
- You probably have an interest in data analytics and machine learning, and may have undertaken an online course to gain exposure in these hot topics.
- You enjoy learning, be it new languages or technology – you are a natural knowledge sponge. You don’t want to be the smartest person in the room but want to learn from smart people.
- You realise that academia is not for you, and that you want to explore the world and apply yourself on real-world problems.
This is an excellent opportunity for a top candidate to surround themselves with bright individuals – learn from them and apply oneself on interesting but difficult technology problems. The team are supportive and the company promote within. They also provide an excellent remunerations package to go along with their top company culture.
Keywords: Top Academics, Transition to Software Development, Technology, Problem Solving
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.