Bioinformatician - Clinical Applications (24995)
A privately funded company in stealth mode, this university linked team is using key insights to develop a universal cloud based platform to impact the use of bioinformatics data for industrial applications including personalised medicine, drug discovery and clinical analytics.
As they look to grow their team, they are recruiting an experienced Bioinformatician to join them and provide key skills and experience in understanding, and statistical implementing genomic data used in clinical projects.
- BSc / MSc in Maths, Informatics, or Biochemistry / Biology, and ideally a PhD.
- Demonstrable project experience in bioinformatics and analyses of genomic data in clinical applications.
- Experience with electronic health records.
- Broad ranging technical skills which could include use of Python or R scripting. Experience with cloud platforms would be beneficial.
- Experience in setting up pipelines for large-scale genomic analysis on the cloud would be highly desirable.
Due to the nature of working at a start-up, projects can be fast and varied. Good communication skills will be needed to present your ideas and impact project direction. Being technology agnostic would be useful as well as a keen aptitude to learn and develop.
Preference is for candidates based in the UK (ideally already in the Cambridge area) and available either immediately or are on a relatively short notice.
Keywords: Informatics, Genomics, Statistics, Analytics, Big Data, Drug Discovery, Cloud Platform, Electronic Health Records, Clinical Applications
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.