Mathematician / Software Engineer (25117)
Our client is a leader in mechanical transmission modelling and software development. With continued growth they are looking for a mathematical software developer to help develop and implement mathematical analysis methods for the analysis of transmission systems.
You will also have the opportunity to travel to customer sites and get involved in engineering services projects and support.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD or 1st/2:1 degree from top university in mathematics, physics, engineering or similar discipline
- Experience of programming
- Experience/knowledge of gear or bearing geometry and analysis
- A pro-active and self-motivated attitude
- Good communication and personal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Competent technical skills
- The ability to work in a team and individually
While not essential, the following skills would be an advantage:
- Commercial C# experience
- Numerical analysis
- Experience of agile development
- Finite Elements Analysis
- Knowledge of CAD
- 3D graphics
Candidates from recent graduates to those with commercial experience will be considered.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.