Junior Python Developer (TV/Film) (25160)
This is an exciting opportunity for a junior software developer to take the next step in their career and join a leading visual effects house in the heart of London.
This BAFTA-winning company offers high-end compositing, computer generated graphics and digital matte painting to the international film and television industry. If you have been to the cinema or watched television recently, you will probably have seen their work, which covers on a wide variety of high-profile productions. They pride themselves on delivering the very best content from the drawing board to the big screen.
They are now looking for an addition to their in-house software team. The successful candidate will join a small development team, reporting to the Head of Pipeline, and work on the whole software lifecycle of the company’s pipelines and tools, as well as working closely with production staff and providing day-to-day support to artists. You will also have the opportunity to mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Have at least one year of software development experience, most likely in Python although exceptional candidates working in other languages may be considered,
- Demonstrate a broad range of skills, including excellent communication and analytical skills and an aptitude for discussing technical matters with non-techies, and
- Be qualified to degree level in a numerate subject from a top university.
You will stand out if you have some/all of:
- Exposure to Foundry tools and rendering pipelines,
- Experience of developing in a Linux/Unix environment,
- An appreciation for the post-production process,
- An interest in the contemporary TV and/or film industries.
The company offers a competitive salary, modern offices in central London and a stimulating, creative work environment. If you think you are the right candidate and would like full details, we would love to hear from you!
Keywords: Film, TV, Python, Pipeline, VFX, Tooling, Linux, C++, London.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.