Junior Python Cloud Engineer (25180)
This is an opportunity to leverage existing, excellent Python skills, and join an outstanding Cambridge company who are leading the world with their disruptive and futuristic technology. The role would take your skillset to the next level, adding commercially valuable cloud and DevOps skills to your portfolio. You would also be contributing to the success of a revolutionary technology with the prospect of profoundly improving the human condition.
You would need:
- An excellent (1st or 2:1) degree in a STEM subject from a Russell Group, or non-UK equivalent university.
- Demonstrably excellent Python coding skills which go well beyond casual scripting to include an in-depth understanding of the language and how to build robust and well-designed code to the latest best practise.
- Full and unrestricted right to work in the UK (our client can’t sponsor)
Experience in the following would be a bonus but is not essential:
- Cloud platforms such as AWS
- Version control such as Git, and knowledge of Agile development / TDD
- Linux or UNIX command line and scripting
- Databases and serverless architectures
- DevOps-type skills such as Docker, Terraform, Ansible, and tox
- Front end web skills and experience in using Python scientific and maths libraries would also be welcome.
As you can see from the above list, this is an excellent choice for an ambitious developer looking to broaden their skill-set and add gravitas to your résumé. Also, as a leading innovator, our client offers a fun and fast-moving work environment, a competitive salary and a raft of benefits.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Python 2.7, Python 3, Cambridge, Cloud, Docker, Ansible, Terraform, Infrastructure as code, Quality Control, Graduate, TDD, Agile
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.