Graduate Computer Scientist (25210)
Our client is looking for a talented graduate to help them build the next generation of connected devices, working with start-ups to blue chip companies from a variety of industries.
You will be a member of a group which covers a broad spectrum of software engineering and computer science skills, from real time and embedded software for standalone or connected devices through to web and data services.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Design and Implementation of software subsystems on one or more projects at once
- Maintenance of interfaces between your code and hardware or remote systems, and the code of other software engineers on the team
- Delivering high quality, professional code, compliant with requirements
- Executing project tasks to tight deadlines and rigorous quality standards within the timescales and budgets agreed with the project manager
- Taking responsibility to ensure that your software is robust and complies with the specification
To meet the requirements of this role you will have
- An excellent degree and/or PhD in computer science or related discipline
- An imaginative and inquisitive mind, eager to learn new skills and develop solutions for complex problems
- Understanding of one or more software build systems, source control, and development tools
- Excellent communication skills
Any of the following experience would be advantageous:
- Experience of using CI systems for automated test
- Experience of production quality software implementation in embedded C
- Data system engineering, dealing with large databases or algorithms on server systems
- Working to regulatory standards such as ISO 13485
- Android/iOS app development skills
- Digital security or cryptography skills
- Interest/experience in low power RF protocols for connected devices, or infrastructure and services for connected devices
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.