System Test Engineer (25232)
Do you enjoy problem solving? This multifaceted test role would have you provoking, isolating and diagnosing anomalies within a complex telematics and data streaming system to ensure that it is rugged and delivers the very best performance possible. You would be joining an enthusiastic team of engineers working for a world-renowned engineering company and would be involved with a variety of activities such as:
- Collaborating internally and externally with customers’ engineering teams to understand their needs and concerns, and championing their interests in internal discussions
- Designing, authoring and executing automated tests using your excellent Python skills
- Designing and building test hardware
- Triaging and troubleshooting symptoms reported by colleagues and clients
- Field testing the system
You will need:
- A good degree in electronics or a similarly applicable STEM subject from a well-recognised university
- Strong Python scripting skills and an understanding of software and system testing
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- A driver’s licence as some field work will be involved.
This is a role that would suit a proactive, hands-on engineer who would enjoy a combination of scripting, digging into the data to pit your wits against the system and pin down elusive root causes, and also get out and about operating real hardware.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: System Test, Software Test, Manual Test, Automated Test, Client-Facing, Telematics, Data Streaming, Python, Varied, Hands-On
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.