2020 Graduate Analyst - Risk Modelling / Actuarial (25296)
We are seeking high-achievers graduating in 2020 for this Graduate Analyst role which would have you working on developing mathematical models for tackling challenging real-world risk analysis problems. The role is client facing, and our client’s emphasis on training and career development means you stand to pick up a whole raft of technical and soft skills which will stand you in good stead as your career develops. During the first few years in this role you would gain a succession of actuarial qualifications which could significantly boost your future earning power.
Our client is a leading player in their field, and offers a superb package with excellent prospects for career progression and ample support and mentoring. They are however correspondingly selective in the candidates they can consider:
- 'Stellar' academic credentials, namely being on track for a first class degree in a numerate subject from a top Russell Group university such as Cambridge, Oxford, UCL, Imperial, Southampton, etc.
- An A-level A* in mathematics, and at least As in the other numerate subjects;
- A demonstrable interest in data analysis and statistics, perhaps from internships, or very extensive personal projects dealing with real-world data
- An aptitude for coding / modelling with a mainstream language such as Python, Java, C++ or MATLAB.
- Last but not least, you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills and be confident working closely with clients
Please note that you will also need the right to work in the UK without time limit or restrictions.
Naturally in joining their team, you will find yourself working with likeminded graduates and presented with challenging problems in modelling and data analytics. You’ll likely take on early responsibility for managing individual projects and contact with client. The office environment consists of modern, comfortable offices, close to major transport hubs in the heart of London.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: 2020, actuarial, actuary, graduate, STEM, maths, physics, science, computing, engineering, data analysis, consultancy, London
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.