Bright Bioinformatician, Pioneering Startup (25591)
This impressive and well-funded startup is poised to revolutionise healthcare, as the exclusive developer of a unique new approach in DNA sequencing. This is a potentially “breakthrough” technology which will change the healthcare landscape and can significantly cut the time it takes to provide medical care to those who most need it. It’s also fresh and challenging work in which the right people can break new ground.
This is a collaborative role for a bioinformatician who can contribute substantially to assay design, working closely with colleagues in statistical genetics and in the development of the software platform. You’ll be providing input and guidance in experimental design and analysis, keeping up with the latest research, developing new approaches, documenting your work and collaborating with external partners.
To join them you’ll need:
- A PhD in bioinformatics or statistical genetics (related fields considered)
- An impressive education prior to that, including a relevant (first or upper second) degree from a top university and (A or A*) A-level grades
- Demonstrable experience, whether commercial or in research at an institution of some repute, analysing next-generation sequencing data
- A strong track record of independent research, and relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals
- The ability and mind-set to contribute critically not just to R&D but to assay design
- Scientific programming skills using Python, R, or other appropriate languages
- A commercial focus; this is a fast-moving endeavour, not a long term R&D project
Given those prerequisites, the following areas are of additional interest: epigenetics, DNA methylation rates, diagnostics in the genomics industry, leadership and line management, cancer research.
Full UK work permission (without time limit, restriction or sponsorship) and UK residence are required.
Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or if you’re already registered with us, recommend a friend at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.