Graduate Software Engineer (25820)
Do you want to be involved in a variety of interesting and challenging activities, working within a closely-knit and motivated team on firmware for world-class video?
If so, then this company would be interested in hearing from you. They seek an Graduate Software Engineer with a good understanding of the software development lifecycle. Evidence of an interest in SoC development will be a definite plus.
As an embedded software engineer to gain your place in this well respected high-tech company you must have:
- An excellent academic background with a 1st or high 2.1 from a well-ranked university in a technical subject (computer science, maths, engineering, physics)
- Thorough knowledge of C and/or C++
- Strong mathematical skills suitable for algorithm development
- An interest in video technology
Combine the above with the following desirables for the perfect match:
- Exposure to the design and programming of FPGAs
- Knowledge of scripting (e.g. Python)
- An understanding of signal processing
- Mathematical modelling of DSP systems in C++
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a company created by engineers who hire, inspire and develop the very best people in the industry. This role has the diversity of one phase working at low level code, whilst your next phase could be modelling a highly complex algorithm.
Keywords: C, C++, embedded, SoC development, firmware, FPGA, DSP, modelling, algorithm design, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.