Software Developer (25849)
Risk management is a subject receiving a lot of attention at present, as companies of all sizes realise the effects events such as politics, climate change or the spread of a new virus can have on their supply and manufacturing lines. This Cambridge based start-up company are at the forefront of helping business to predict and plan for such systemic events and their unique technology is increasingly in demand.
They seek a developer with a solid understanding of object-orientated programming and preferably some commercial experience to join their team developing a client /server technology helping international companies quantify a wide range of risks within a unified framework. Their product mostly uses Python, but a good grounding of object-orientated programming and languages such as C# or Java is more important than skills in data handling.
The developer should be used to working with version control systems, preferably Git, and will be able to make use of standard research methods and techniques. A good team player, the developer will easily build working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders alike.
Attributes and experience:
- Strong skills in object-oriented programming in languages such as C# or Java
- An MSc or PhD in a mathematical, engineering or science-based subject from a Russell Group university, ideally backed by commercial experience in software development
- Experience with web UX development, particularly the Dash UX toolkit
- Happy to work in a variety of environments such as Windows, Linux and the Cloud
- Good organisational and planning skills including familiarity with software version control, time management and a commitment to meeting deadlines.
Ideally, great candidates will also show:
- Familiarity with frameworks such as Django REST and/or Flask and techniques such as ORM and MVC
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
The company is situated close to Cambridge Station, in modern well-equipped offices, which reflect the energetic vibe of this young start-up, although they are currently working remotely. They offer stock options as well as a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Keywords: Object-oriented, API, UX, REST, dashboards, software development, risk management, Cambridge, start-up
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.