Biomedical Engineer (25861)
An energetic and ethically aware company seeks a biomedical engineer with a good background in physics, to join them in development work targeted at solving a range of real-world issues. They are passionate about products that directly benefit people’s lives.
Their work can involve topics such as biosensors, materials, surface chemistries and bio-interface interactions and they are looking for scientists and engineers who enjoy investigating a variety of topics. This would be done by designing and carrying out experiments in their modern, well-equipped laboratories and of course analysing and presenting your findings to clients and senior members of the team.
Working directly with clients will be an important aspect of this role, so good communication skills will be imperative, as will a desire to learn and to meet what whatever new challenge is presented.
If you are a graduate with an excellent master’s degree from a well-respected university and some relevant commercial experience or maybe a PhD candidate handing in your thesis in a relevant biomedical field, we would like to hear from you.
This is a terrific opportunity to join an energetic team, who take career development seriously and have structured mentoring and personal training programmes. The company follows an ethical policy and works hard to ensure all their employees enjoy fulfilling careers.
You will need the following skills and attributes for this role:
- An impressive master’s level degree or PhD in biomedical related topics from a well-respected university and excellent A-levels grades in STEM subjects
- A wide breadth of biomedical knowledge including topics such as surface chemistries, materials, bio-interface interactions, biosensors, as well as a solid grounding in engineering and physics principles
- Practically minded and able to focus on finding solutions to real-world problems
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a team, expressing your ideas and progress clearly to clients and colleagues alike
- Relevant commercial experience or internships, especially involving work on regulated devices would be a distinct advantage.
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required, as our client is unable to provide sponsorship.
Keywords: Biomedical Engineering, PhD, materials, biosensors, surface chemistry, client-facing, technical, medical
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.