Senior Data Scientist (25866)
This successful small company places a strong emphasis on research and development for their renewables energy forecasting platform. They wish to recruit a Senior Data Scientist to further their work in analysing wind and solar generation forecasts, improving their view of electricity demand and assessing energy prices to balance demand on the UK grid.
Together with a team of dedicated data scientists and software developers, the Senior Data Scientist will follow a broad remit, working meticulously with data, primarily using R (or Python) to provide robust models. There is plenty of opportunity to get involved at all stages of the research and development work and your ideas and innovations will be valued by the company founders. As the company follows a planned trajectory of expansion, technical leadership responsibilities will follow.
To contribute successfully to this highly motivated team, you will have the following attributes:
- Excellent degree in physics, maths, engineering or computer science from a highly-ranked world-class university. A relevant quantitative PhD would also be of interest
- Experience working with live data models in a commercial environment; proven ability to respond rapidly to ensure production tools run consistently
- Fluent R or Python programming and experience with SQL databases
- Enthusiasm to work in a dynamic real-world team environment with the ability contribute ideas
- Excellent communication skills with evidence of taking the initiative
Candidates with existing experience within the energy market are of particular interest.
This company is well-funded and offers a friendly working environment in the centre of Bristol within easy walking distance of Temple Meads station. In return, you will receive an excellent salary with excellent benefits and the chance to really apply your initiative in data science research.
Keywords: R, Python, SQL, AWS, statistics, renewable energy, green energy, data engineering, data science, research, forecasting, maths modelling, Bristol.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.