Engineer / Physicist, Design and Modelling (25871)
This role is to design and model highly complex precision components to harness energy within extreme environments. The ideal candidate will demonstrate engineering experience in understanding the physical processes within a constrained object, running simulations to examine those processes and translating them to experimental setups. They will also be comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team of experimental physicists, engineers and computational scientists, providing specialist support and training to the team.
The requirements are:-
- Good first degree from a highly-ranked university in engineering or physics
- Subsequent experience in industry, or relevant PhD (graduate candidates with relevant academic projects are also invited to apply)
- Experience using simulations to design complex components and systems for challenging environments
- Experience in optimising solutions for ease of manufacturing
- Use of Python for analysis of data and discovering trends
- Enthusiasm and desire to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
This dynamic company is well-funded and offers a friendly working environment close to Oxford.
An excellent package is on offer, including competitive salary, share options, flexible working and free lunches.
This role is subject to vetting procedures similar to security clearance.
Keywords: Green energy, hydrodynamics, MHD, physics, high energy density physics, HEDP, target design, Oxford.
If this sounds like you, get in touch with ECM Selection – whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone, and we may have other ideas to suggest to you too.