3D Software Developers (25924)
A leading global supplier of advanced 3D middleware used in CAD / CAM / CAE / AEC / BIM, Energy and Offshore etc. requires software developers to expand their existing sales and marketing team. This role might appeal to established software developers wishing to move into a more reactive client-facing environment and also to those who enjoy proactively building reusable components and tools.
Managing potential customers who are themselves 3D software developers, the sales and marketing team works with the company’s proprietary software libraries to:
- Create a range of demonstration software using a variety of graphical user interface tools
- Build proof-of-concept prototypes and examples
- Provide direct support to evaluating developers, through both remote and on-site training and pair-programming, to ensure new evaluations and integrations are rapid and successful.
- Develop software frameworks and reusable components to facilitate the above.
In addition the team is responsible for creating technical marketing content, webinars and training. Post-pandemic, occasional international travel will be expected.
The successful candidates will:
- Be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Be confident and able to build and maintain good relationships with prospects and partners at all levels.
- Be quick at thinking on their feet and innovative in working to find on-the-spot solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to grasp and work with complex mathematical and geometrical concepts
- Understand and implement good software practices including SOLID principles
Key skills and experience:
- Demonstrably strong coding skills in C, C++ or C#
Other desirable, but not essential, skills and experience:
- 3D software development
- GUI experience e.g. WPF, Qt
- Graphics APIs e.g. OpenGL, DirectX
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone.
This Sheffield-based company offers a competitive salary, stimulating work, and real prospects for building technical skills and career prospects.
Keywords: C, C++, C#, WPF, Qt, OpenGL, 3D, maths, Yorkshire
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.