Electronics Engineer (25979)
This start-up is creating a product to be used in laboratories around the globe. Their biotechnology needs appropriate electronics to drive it. Here as the Electronics Engineer you will play your part in this exciting new product area with many medical uses.
You will need to have a top technical degree along with many of the following skills:
- Proficiency in hardware design and testing for high speed digital and analogue systems
- Ability to create FPGA designs especially for signal processing applications (Verilog or System Verilog)
- Some understanding of “bare metal” embedded software (C)
- Appreciation of software engineering requirements and higher level languages (C++, Python)
- An understanding of working with suppliers and manufacturers
In addition to your technical excellence, you will need good communication skills and show initiative and ability to operate in a team. This is collaborative working at its best within a multi-disciplinary team, including optics, microfluidics, mechanical engineering, biotech and software. This is a great opportunity to join a start-up based just south of Cambridge, with the benefit of the backing of a larger company. Hence large company perks are included.
Key skills: Hardware Design Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Graduate, recent PhD, Verilog, System Verilog Hands on prototyping, USB3, Gigabit Ethernet, DDR, SDRAM, Graphics Processors, NVIDIA, Embedded C, Python, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.