R&D Electronics Technician (26060)
This start-up seeks someone who is experienced with bench-top IR reflow equipment, along with manual soldering of surface mount components. This is an R&D role so flexibility and initiative are key, from working on an experimental design to shipping evaluation kits to customers.
The primary purpose of the role is electronics assembly, test and measurement, however knowledge or experience of the following are also beneficial:
- Environmental test chambers
- Use of fluidic test equipment
- Mass flow and pressure controllers and meters
- Handling and connecting to gas cylinders
- Working with sensors and custom silicon/MEMS devices
The requirements are:
- A degree in a technical subject or alternatively a HNC or HND along with appropriate experience
- A passion and aptitude in performing hands-on tasks such as soldering
- R&D experience of testing instrumentation or sensors
- Able to provide effective reports for problem-solving analysis
- Ability to identify and implement performance improvements in both assembly and testing
- Strong interpersonal, team and communication skills
This is a great opportunity to join a young start-up as it grows and hence every role within the company has the chance to grow as well.
Keywords: Electronics Assembly, Hardware Test, Sensor Evaluation, R&D Prototypes, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.