Product Design Engineer (26126)
This technical consultancy develops creative solutions to product engineering challenges in a variety of industries, from food and consumer products to medical diagnostics and surgical tools. A key part of their work is to present a creative and attractive product within technological constraints. They seek a Product Design Engineer, with a natural flair to create user-friendly products, who will bring their creative abilities to the team.
Alongside excellent creative sketching skills, the Product Design Engineer will have an understanding of fundamental engineering technology, enabling them to work in collaboration with the mechanical engineering team to create superb solutions.
- At least a 2.1 degree in Product Design, Industrial Design or Design Engineering.
- Some commercial experience in product development processes, preferably post-graduation but could be as a result of closely-related internships.
- Excellent creative design, including sketching and 3D-CAD. Please attach a portfolio of your own work to showcase this.
- Some knowledge of engineering design and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to collaborate and contribute, both with the internal team and external customers.
This company has a friendly working ethos and encourages further career development, including opportunities to contribute on the business side.
Although the company is currently working primarily from home, they envisage a return to office work in the medium term.
Keywords: Industrial Design, Sketching, Storyboards, Concept Design, CAD, Creative, User Experience, Cambridge.
If this sounds like you, get in touch with ECM Selection – whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone, and we may have other ideas to suggest to you too.