Graduate Web Developer (26145)
Modern PHP is very different compared to its classic incarnation. This high-flying technology company specialise in low-latency data pipelines in the financial sector. This is an opportunity to join them as a graduate PHP developer. Their web technology is backed by high performance low-level code and specialised highly parallel hardware.
Your concise CV will demonstrate:
- A good degree in an engineering, scientific or numerate subject and strong A-level grades.
- Software development experience in PHP, be that commercial, academic or personal interest PHP work.
- Experience of MySQL (or MariaDB or another SQL dialect; queries, joins and CRUD from PHP), Windows and/or Linux platforms and batch scripting.
- A strong understanding of practical computing, including common data structures and algorithms and how to apply them in PHP.
- A good understanding of modern PHP, for instance PHP 7 (7.0 - 7.4) or PHP 8.
- A clear grasp of the way the web functions, including HTTP and web services, REST, and how to implement and use these from PHP.
You will also need full existing permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or if you're already registered with us, recommend a friend for £250 at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.