Data Scientist (26151)
This independent Cambridge product company are growing their data science team and are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic data scientist to join them.
Use and develop your analytical, scripting and data science skills in a company with a strong focus around data. Analytics and well-reasoned analysis are a priority for the company.
You will have:
- A good degree in a subject making strong use of statistics to work with data; this may be a STEM subject or a statistically-focused field such as applied psychology.
- An intuitive feel for mathematics, and the ability to associate these concepts with real world outcomes.
- The ability to critique a hypothesis and explore whether data supports any particular conclusion.
- Experience working with data and statistics using one or more of the following: Excel, Python, Tableau, SQL, and cloud or related tools.
- Good communication and collaboration skills, a professional and organised approach, critical thinking, and a touch of humility.
Relevant commercial experience is very welcome; this role is open to candidates at a variety of levels.
A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer. Opportunities for hybrid working are anticipated. The company's well-equipped office in central Cambridge is close to bus and rail links.
Keywords: data science / data scientist, applied statistics, mathematics, Excel, Python, Tableau, SQL, cloud, AWS, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.