Mathematical Modeller - Business Strategy (26179)
An early-stage opportunity with a Cambridge company developing breakthrough technology to model business risks. This company is growing rapidly as their business risk analysis tools are becoming more and more vital to companies adjusting their strategy to survive an ever increasingly turbulent world. Encompassing risks such as geopolitical changes, logistical roadblocks and advances in the green economy, they seek skilled mathematical modellers with a good appreciation of economic risk factors.
This key role involves developing the company’s core risk assessment models. Your activities will include:
- working with clients to develop business models
- customising models according to client needs
- reporting and presentation to clients
For this exciting new opportunity you’ll need:
- a good, numerate first degree
- experience of quant analysis and / or scientific modelling
- the ability to build an advanced analytical model from scratch in Python
- some programming skills in advanced Excel VBA
- an appreciation of business systems analysis and an understanding of the global economy
- good communication skills including the ability to write clear reports and deliver presentations to clients
Full right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship will also be needed for this position.
Our client is based in modern offices located within walking distance of the main Cambridge railway station. They offer hybrid working - up to three days a week working from home. Contact ECM directly now to find out more!
Keywords: Business Analyst, Scientific Modelling, Systems Analysis, Data Analysis, Business Modelling, Python, Quant, Economics, Excel, Relational Databases, Programming, Software, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.