Software Engineer (26188)
Are you a talented or budding developer using one or more modern, object-oriented languages? Would you like to work on engineering software used by some of the world’s most successful technical companies?
This Cambridge company is a leader in their field, producing specialised software used in physical engineering, in the design and manufacture of complex, high value products. They are looking for a skilled, practical developer to join them, collaborating with colleagues in Cambridge, the USA and around the world.
You will need:
- A good degree in a science or engineering subject, backed by strong A-level grades
- Interest in working with C++ plus existing coding skills in a modern object-oriented language (Java, C#, C++ or similar)
- Practical knowledge of common data structures and algorithms
- Academic, personal or commercial software development skills
- A willingness both to write new “green field” code and to refine and refactor existing code
The successful candidate will join this lively team within the Cambridge R&D group, with the knowledge that you are backed by an organisation with firm foundations in industry and a track record of success. They offer a strong salary and competitive benefits package, and hybrid working options are likely to continue into the future.
If you’d like to be considered, do send your CV directly to ECM Selection – we read every CV, can only put forward the top few candidates, but would be keen to hear from you.
Keywords: Cambridge, C++ developer, C++ software development, engineering, CAD, CAE, CAM, OO, full SDLC, Java, C#
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.