Python Software Engineer - Cloud (26255)
This is an exciting opportunity for a Python Software Engineer to join a creative team, based in the heart of Cambridge.
Our client is exploring machine learning for a variety of uses including energy distribution, finance / risk and complex systems such as neural networks and memristors. Much of their work is aimed at increasing efficiency to provide environmental benefits. They are looking to deploy their techniques to their customers via cloud platforms (predominantly AWS) and are forming a team of skilled software engineers to help design and build the architecture, distribution pipelines and libraries necessary.
The language of choice is Python, and you will also have the opportunity to learn Julia, as well as further develop your knowledge of Linux containers and virtual environments. You will be very familiar with cloud platforms and services, and ideally you have already been involved with the deployment of distributed applications.
You will need:
- A good degree in computer science or similar technical subject, ideally combined with experience in commercial software development
- Excellent skills in Python development, particularly involving building libraries and complex data pipelines, as well as intricate data querying and pre-processing
- The ability to develop and/or deploy distributed applications, including parallel or distributed computation (e.g. Dask, Tensorflow, Apache Spark)
- Good knowledge of cloud computing, particularly AWS and virtual environments, such as Docker
- Strong communication skills, especially with regards to requirements gathering and documentation
Full right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship will also be needed.
The company offers a dynamic working environment at the cutting edge of innovation, a competitive remuneration package, stock options and other benefits.
Keywords: Python, Software Engineer, Cloud Platforms, AWS, Containers, Docker, Julia, Cambridge, TensorFlow, Dask, Apache Spark, Distributed Applications, Python Libraries, Python Architecture
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.