Graduate Physicist, Data Science (26338)
This established research company seeks a Graduate Physicist to join their data science team. This role provides a superb opportunity to design and implement data science and machine learning solutions for optimisation and simulation within a deep physics application. The company’s core research and development evolves continually as they work towards a long-term energy solution for the planet.
To contribute successfully to this highly motivated team, you must have the following attributes:
- Excellent degree in physics (MPhys, MSci) or similar from a highly-ranked university with A level grades to back it up (primarily A/A*s)
- Evidence of enthusiasm for data science research and the use of machine learning technologies within a physics or simulation environment
- Good programming skills, mainly Python with additional knowledge of C++, R or Julia
- Enthusiasm and desire to work in a transformational real-world team environment
- Excellent communication skills with evidence of taking the initiative
This dynamic company is well-funded and offers a friendly working environment close to Oxford. In return, you will receive a competitive salary with excellent benefits and work with a talented team of physicists and engineers on cutting-edge development.
This role is subject to vetting procedures similar to security clearance.
Keywords: Machine Learning, Data Science, Bayesian, Computational Physics, Simulation, Optimisation, Numerical Modelling, Oxford.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.