Graduate Engineer (26341)
Are you seeking a company offering training in numerous software technologies and platforms? This successful Cambridge based company can offer you a great start to your career. There will be the opportunity to test products delivering seamless high quality video, PC extension and switching solutions, used in broadcast media, transportation and other high reliability situations. Technologies include 4K video, IP networking, USB, embedded and web APIs.
This company’s products utilise a diverse variety of software technologies within their designs and you will work alongside:
- Software developers working in high level languages
- Embedded real-time software engineers
- System on Chip (SoC) developers
- Video compression experts
- Communications specialists in TCP/IP protocols
- Cryptography designers
Whilst a software degree is not essential it is beneficial for this Graduate Engineer position. The core skills you need at the outset will have been gained during your technical degree from a respected university. You will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Desire to design and run effective manual and automated tests, within an agile development process
- Some exposure to coding in Python
- Working knowledge of IP networks
- Attention to detail and ability to work methodically
- Methodical issue analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Passion for technology
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in an extremely modern, welcoming work environment. This provides an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning Cambridge company creating new products with the enjoyable technical challenges that come with streaming High Definition video.
Keywords: Graduate Engineer, Python, C, C#, C++, Java, Embedded, Linux, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.