Software Engineer, 3D Modelling (26380)
Get involved in developing the software and 3D algorithms driving intuitive, easy to use modelling tools for engineers. Work is technical, creative and has space for innovation and individual contribution.
New engineers joining the team will enjoy participating in the whole design and implementation process for powerful but easy to use new features. The company offers a collaborative culture and a relaxed environment, with a mix of home and office working likely. Starting salaries are good, and come with a strong benefits package and room for future payrises.
You will bring:
- A good degree in physics, maths, computing or a related subject from a top university, backed by strong A-level grades
- The ability to creatively solve problems and write some code (whether your experience is of finding computational answers to mathematical questions, or developing software tools)
- Some exposure to, or significant experience in, either Python, C, C++ or another common language
- Some 3D maths skills (topics like vectors, matrices, angles, dot/cross products would be indicative)
- The ability to think in 3D and visualise results
Formal software engineering experience (commercial or otherwise), knowledge of geometry, 3D modelling, computer science, algorithm design or applied AI are welcome assets.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.