Embedded Software Engineer (26386)
Join this successful software and hardware product company building innovative systems used in high-tech industry from the UK to the US, Europe and Japan. Contribute to software and firmware with sensory, analytical, control and data-oriented features.
You will have:
- A good degree in a scientific or engineering subject and strong supporting A-level grades.
- C programming experience whether academic, commercial or personal interest.
- Familiarity with collaborative sofware working practices, including build systems, source control, issue trackers.
- A "self-starting" attitude, happy to use your own creative and technical knowledge, knowing when to seek advice or assistance.
You will have the opportunity to develop (and great if you already have):
- C++ and/or Python programming experience.
- Knowledge of embedded, sensor, wireless, RF, test and/or distributed systems.
- Knowledge of IP networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP).
- Linux system-level, and/or Windows user-facing UI, software development skills.
This is a primarily office-based role with flexible hours and occasional home working possible. The company's modern and well-equipped offices are a pleasant working environment, and parking is available on site. The office is easy to reach for Cambridge city cyclists and has good transport links. A competitive salary and benefits package is provided.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.