Mechatronics Engineer (26396)
This VC backed tech startup is growing and looking to hire a Mechatronics Engineer. Their hardware-based solutions use AI for environmental sustainability problems. They are looking to design and develop new features and new products to scale up their technologies. The Mechatronics Engineer will join a small team based in their offices in Cambridge to help prototype and build robust products. This includes the design and implementation of tests; contribute to mechanical design using CAD; and implement new design modifications for optimisation of performance.
- 1st / 2.1 degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Industry experience (either after graduation or through a university work placement / summer internship) working on hands-on engineering projects.
- Experience of hardware validation (including test designs) and hardware prototyping / building.
- Demonstrable experience of mechanical design and CAD (ideally SolidWorks).
- Further exposure to materials selection, IoT devices or fluidics design would be desirable.
This is a hands-on role, so it is expected that as well as being comfortable in front of a computer to develop engineering designs, there is a keen interest to build things within a lab / workshop.
In return, as well as working on interesting problems and with smart individuals you can learn from and develop your skills, you will be compensated with a competitive salary, share options, a supportive company for your career (they will provide training and assist your ambitions if you want to be a chartered engineer), as well as a balance of work and enjoyment (team lunches and non-work related events).
Keywords: Mechatronics / Mechanical Engineer, Hardware, Prototyping, Build, CAD, IoT, Environmental Sustainability, Cambridge, Startup
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.