Production Engineer, PCB Manufacturing (26405)
This high-tech company produces state of the art electronics and software to drive production in specialist industries. Their PCBs are manufactured by key vendors in the UK and abroad. They are seeking a production engineer to join their operations team, coordinate NPI and liaise with manufacturers on an ongoing basis. 20% of the time you will also collaborate with the operations team to help with supply chain, stock control and other vital activities.
You will work full time from their Cambridge area offices, communicating with colleagues in the operations team as well as with manufacturers and the design team. Only occasional travel to manufacturers will be required since much of the liaison can be conducted remotely via video conference.
You will bring:
- A good degree in a relevant subject, and supporting A-level or equivalent grades.
- Either a commercial or degree level understanding of PCB production concerns and processes. And an active interest in these areas!
- Naturally you will be familiar with the specifics of PCB manufacturing specifications in terms of their support for layered boards, via diameters, soldermask and trace thickness, etc. and the sorts of issues which can arise in large scale production.
- Sufficient understanding of digital electronics.
- Good communication skills, attention to detail and an appreciation of project management for this important role.
You will join a successful established business at their head office in the Cambridge area, as a valued member of the team instrumental in their success. In return for your efforts you will receive a competitive salary, and the company is inclined towards flexible working to allow for childcare, commute times and a good work-life balance. In addition they can offer an excellent benefits package including a generous pension and profit sharing.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.