Production Operations Engineer (26425)
This Cambridge electronics company produce modern PCBs for specialist industry. They are seeking a production operations engineer to join their team, coordinating NPI and liaising with manufacturers. 20% of the time you will also collaborate with the operations team to help with supply chain, stock/quality control and other vital activities.
You will work full time from their Cambridge area offices, communicating with colleagues in the operations team as well as with manufacturers and the design team. Only occasional travel to manufacturers will be required since much of the liaison can be conducted remotely via video conference.
You will bring:
- A good degree in a relevant subject, and supporting A-level or equivalent grades.
- An aptitude for operations: account management, contract discussions, production scheduling, purchasing, inventory, planning, reporting and forecasting.
- Practical electronics skills: you'll be "hands on" and familiar with handling populated PCBs, and able to check for manufacturing defects, such as soldering quality and connectors.
- Engineering process knowledge: you'll be familiar with how engineering changes are made through ECNs, for example.
- Good communication skills, attention to detail and an appreciation of project management for this important role.
You will join a successful established business at their head office in the Cambridge area, as a valued member of the team instrumental in their success. In return for your efforts you will receive a competitive salary, and the company is inclined towards flexible working to allow for childcare, commute times and a good work-life balance. In addition they can offer an excellent benefits package including a generous pension and profit sharing.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.