Modelling Applications Consultant (26467)
A Cambridge based growing company seeks a knowledgeable and independent problem-solver with excellent communication skills, to help businesses get the best out of their innovative SaaS. With a mathematical background, including experience running and analysing quantitative models, this person would provide the vital link between clients and the main modelling software development team.
The company’s products enable business to predict and assess factors that could have a negative impact on their profitability. These factors could include logistical constraints, geopolitical upheavals, or ecology related issues.
The Modelling Applications Consultant will be a confident modeller with a good appreciation for commercial pressures. They will be excellent at time management and organisation, with the ability to think on their feet and an eye for detail. They will be able to communicate effectively with the main modelling team, who will be their source of support, and their high-profile clients. If they also have some previous commercial experience in modelling related to either finance or climate change, that would be ideal.
The company is based in bright, modern offices and is happy to offer hybrid working as well as stock options and a competitive salary.
- A good degree in a technical or mathematical subject such as Physics or Economics, from a well-respected university.
- Good familiarity with running and interpreting the output of quantitative models.
- Commitment to delivery with good time management, decision-making, and planning skills. Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience of working with and interpreting the output of models in either Excel VBA, R or Python, plus the ability to communicate findings via presentations and reports
This company cannot offer sponsorship and so full rights to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship will be also needed.
- A background understanding of how climate change issues will impact businesses and society.
Keywords: Mathematical modelling, Finance, Risk, Climate Change, Cambridge, Hybrid, Python, R, Excel VBA, Client-facing.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.