Senior Financial Analyst (26477)
A position for a Senior Financial Analyst is open at a growing Cambridge based start-up company making a conscious effort to improve the strategies of global corporations aiming to meet carbon net zero targets.
The Senior Financial Analyst would join their product development team and is sought for their experience of corporate finance concepts and knowledge of financial regulations. They will be involved in developing methodologies for capturing a range of corporate financials and company assets within a digital twin framework. Working alongside a vibrant team of skilled modellers and software engineers, the Senior Financial Analyst will use their creative mindset and excellent communications skills to help clients get the most out of the company’s modelling products. An interest in the social, policy and technical aspects of climate change would be useful, though not essential.
The company works to a flexible hybrid model and part-time work may also be an option (4 working days a week minimum).
Requirements for this position are:
- A good Masters level degree or PhD in scientific subject such as maths, finance, economics, or engineering
- Demonstrable commercial experience in a financial services company or corporate finance role
- Detailed understanding of corporate finance concepts such as discounted cashflows, enterprise value, accountancy standards (including IFRS)
- Familiar with using Python or R to work with wide-ranging sets of data
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to grasp new concepts and explain complex modelling problems
Full right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship will also be necessary to be considered for this position.
Desirable skills include:
- Academic or professional qualifications related to climate change or ESG
- Experience in scenario modelling
Keywords: Finance, Risk, Analysis, Cambridge, Hybrid, Environment, Climate Change, Senior, Scenario Modelling, Python, R.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.