Software Test Engineer (26620)
Are you looking to get into software? Have you just graduated or are you looking to change career direction? This tech company are recruiting within their software test team and are open to recent graduates or more experienced candidates. You’ll have demonstrable interest in a software career and can evidence a strong approach to problem solving, attention to detail and documentation. You’ll enjoy working on new technology areas and have the aptitude to pick things up quickly. The role is mostly manual based software testing, although some automated scripting would be performed.
- STEM degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable interest in software, ideally with some exposure to Python scripting. You may have played with Version Control or have a GitHub account with forks from established code.
- Keen interest in software testing and looking to make a career in this direction.
- Strong communication skills – must be able to work collaboratively and ask relevant questions when required. The ability to document succinctly and accurately is expected.
- Experience of test cases and plans (manual or automated) would be desirable.
The company develop medical cloud-software applications based on a combination of machine learning, computer vision and augmented intelligence. Their products are already used in clinical environments and contribute to patients’ wellbeing.
This role is based at their offices based just outside Cambridge. Hybrid working is available once settled into the role (possibly the equivalent of one day in the office per week). Only applicants with full rights to work in the UK will be considered – no company sponsorship is available.
Keywords: Getting-into-software, Manual Software Test, Scripting / Python, Medical, Machine Learning, Computer Vision
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.