IT Support Engineer (26622)
In this role you will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the computing systems (servers and networks) for a financial market data firm based in Cambridge. This includes solving issues and answering questions raised by third party clients.
This role requires working one nightshift per weekend, in addition to shifts spread flexibly throughout the rest of the week. In the medium term this role can be carried out remotely (including the nightshift) but with some office time required (1-2 days per week in office).
You will need:
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Strong problem-solving skills for both technical and non-technical questions
- The ability to work under strict deadlines
- Willingness to work independently when needed
The following are not required but are beneficial:
- Familiarity with the Linux command line and Linux system log files
- Familiarity with financial markets and financial market data
You'll be working as part of a team for a top software company with a long-established presence in Cambridge. Their office is centrally located with good rail and road links.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.