Graduate Software Engineer (26673)
This consultancy role would have you participating in all stages of software development, quality, and testing for a wide range of projects and application areas, helping bring impactful products to market.
You could be working on projects for consumer products, medical devices, instrumentation and sensing, or food technology to name a few. The software engineering will be extremely varied, spanning platform ranging from embedded devices, to mobile and cloud, so you will need to be adaptable and willing and able to pick up new skills as needed and work outside your comfort zone. This is a great opportunity to build experience in software engineering as well as honing your communications skills.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2.1 in Computer Science, Electronics, or other relevant discipline from a well-respected university
- Good coding skills in C++ and / or C#, together with some experience or interest in working across embedded, desktop, mobile devices, or the cloud.
- Some experience in developing software for a few of the following: Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS or for embedded real time operating systems.
- A good understanding of software engineering best practice (version control, bug tracking, code review etc.), and interest in subjects such as low level comms, user interfaces, and cryptography.
- Strong communications skills and willingness to collaborate with clients and colleagues.
- The company cannot offer sponsorship, so you will need full existing right to work in the UK.
The company are based in a pleasant and accessible rural location within cycling distance from Cambridge. They offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.