Production Quality Inspector (26738)
Join a Cambridge tech company ramping up production and assist them in ensuring high quality manufacture of precision small-scale devices. You’ll be involved pre-production, assessing components vs specification, and post-production assessing device quality and comparing to clients’ requirements. This is a laboratory rather than “shop floor” or industrial environment.
You will either have previous quality control experience in a manufacturing environment, or otherwise be able to demonstrate the necessary skills and interest to take on such a role. Training will be provided.
Prerequisites include, and your CV will demonstrate:
- An understanding of mechanical (CAD) drawings, including tolerances
- Use of optical equipment (microscopy), since device components are at most cm scale and may include high-precision moving parts
- Use of hand tools, measuring tools, gauge R&R
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, both to communicate with colleagues and internal partners on a technical level, and to read and write technical documentation to a high standard
- Good fundamental mathematics (measurements, arithmetic)
- Computer literacy including use of Microsoft Office and similar programs.
- Motivation, resourcefulness, and good collaboration and communication skills.
This is a permanent, full time role based in a laboratory environment on green campus-style grounds close to Cambridge. The role comes with a competitive salary, with benefits, including healthcare, bonuses and free lunches. The company is family-friendly and offers enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.