Skilled Software Engineer (26742)
Our client, at the forefront of their field in geometric modelling and design, seeks skilled software engineers with a passion for 3D engineering.
Using TypeScript, React and WebGL in an Agile environment with regular Scrum meetings and two-week sprints, they work on a variety of innovative projects. This lively and positive working environment will allow you to reach your full potential and encourage you to continuously develop and enhance your skills. The creative team work closely with colleagues located in different countries, so excellent communications skills will be expected.
In depth knowledge of developing commercial, open-source or academic software will be needed, although all levels of developer will be considered if they have good communication skills with knowledge and experience of the appropriate tech stack.
You will need:
- A good technical degree from a well-respected university in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or a related discipline
- Good skills in CAD programming, geometric modelling, graphics programming, computational geometry or similar
- The ability to write testable, resilient, documented code with effective unit and integration tests
- Full rights to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship
Desirable attributes include:
- Experienced in working with teams distributed across the globe
- Familiarity with GraphQL, PostgreSQL, TypeORM, or Apollo Server
They offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, as well as hybrid working and onsite parking in the middle of Cambridge. They would only expect to see you in their offices once or twice a week, probably on a Friday for the regular pub lunch.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.