C++ Software Engineer (26805)
This international software company develops a gold-standard design toolkit used by engineers across the world. Due to continued success, they are seeking a talented C++ Software Engineer to join their Edinburgh-based development team.
This role would involve the development of software test tools used to verify the correctness of the toolkit’s components. You would collaborate with colleagues from various technical backgrounds, gaining an excellent understanding of how the system works and how it is used by clients. These insights will allow you to develop suitable strategies and design and implement software to ensure that the toolkit functions correctly, is reliable and stable, and provides the functionality needed by end users.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2.1 degree in Computer Science from a leading university together with additional software engineering experience which could come from commercial experience or an advanced degree.
- Strong C++ coding skills. Can you tell your static variables from your automatic variables, your Dequeues from your Vectors, and how your choice of container might affect your algorithm’s performance?
- A solid understanding of software engineering – version control, static code analysis, code review, and automated test
- Not essential, but coding skills in Lisp would be advantageous
- Full existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship
The company are based in pleasant modern offices close to the centre of Edinburgh. On offer are a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including the option to purchase equity.
Keywords: C++, Lisp, Software Validation, Edinburgh
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection. We do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.