C++ Software Developer, Graduate to Senior (26929)
Kickstart your C++ software engineering career, or take your next step forward, in this challenging and rewarding role. Joining a team of skilled C++ developers, you’ll be developing innovative core systems, architecture and infrastructure for low latency, performant use worldwide.
Experienced software engineers, and STEM graduates with a real interest in pursuing a software engineering career, will take best advantage of the growth and career development opportunities offered by the company.
You will bring:
- A degree in computer science; or alternatively a degree in another STEM subject and a reasonable knowledge of the practical aspects of good computing practice (for instance, choosing good data structures and algorithms)
- C++ software development skills (other OO languages will be considered for candidates keen to work in C++)
- A good knowledge of object-oriented principles and practice, and some awareness of system-level concerns such as memory management
- Some prior use of Linux, and openness to use of professional developer tools on Windows (Visual Studio)
- An understanding of C++ developer tools, continuous integration, debugging techniques and the importance of good testing
You’ll join a friendly, approachable team of engineers working together with an informally Agile approach from their Cambridge, UK office. Hybrid working is encouraged, up to 2 days per week at home once settled in the role. Salaries are competitive and benefits include a bonus scheme, health cover and support for career development and learning opportunities. Travel to popular cities in the US, Canada and Asia – with the potential for an extended working visit – is also an option for those who would enjoy it! Full existing UK work permission is required.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.