Environmental Modelling Team Lead (26971)
An exciting opportunity has arisen in a growing Cambridge based company who are providing analytical expertise in environmental risk analysis. Their SaaS is providing major companies and government organisations with the ability to produce climate and nature related analytics, allowing them to make important strategic decisions, propelling them towards their carbon net zero targets.
The responsibilities would include: determining the technical direction of environmental models, including geospatial analysis, physical and transition modelling; creating innovative solutions to quantifying environmental impact for companies, delivering your insights to clients, and leading a team of skilled modellers. You will also be the “go-to” expert for understanding nature-related risks and opportunities both for the company and external clients.
You will be working alongside a talented, skilled and enthusiastic team of modellers, software developers and scientists, aiming to make a significant positive contribution to addressing climate change on a day-to-day basis.
Necessary skills and experience:
- A PhD or Masters degree in a relevant area such as Mathematics, Economics or Natural Sciences or significant relevant commercial experience,
- Extensive experience modelling and assessing natural capital, biodiversity, sustainability or climate change risks and opportunities,
- Familiarity with forthcoming regulation and reporting standards related to nature-related risks including the TNFD, CSRD and SBTN among others,
- Comfortable managing large, complex projects, with excellent problem solving and communication skills,
Your CV will stand out from the crowd if you also have some of the following:
- Good knowledge and proficiency in relevant areas such as agronomy, energy or environmental economics,
- Experience of delivering environmental risk analytics to businesses in the food and /or clothing sectors,
- Experience quantifying the economic impact of nature related risks to enable governments and businesses to make favourable strategy decisions.
You must also have full right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship.
The role will be based in our client’s Cambridge offices and some hybrid working will be on offer, as well as a good remuneration package.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.