Mathematical Analyst, Quantitative Statistics (26991)
This central Cambridge based consultancy works closely with their partners / clients on quantitative projects involved in technology access and applications. Their work uses market data from a combination of private and government sources to build complex models. As part of their recruitment plans, they are looking to hire a Mathematical Analyst to join them in summer / autumn 2024. The analyst will be part of a project team, working with senior consultants and partners.
Projects would utilise your mathematical modelling and analytical skills and understanding of stochastics and statistical inference. You’ll work with incomplete data sets and be expected to extrapolate meaning through trends and future predictions. Your analysis will inform financial solutions and be incorporated into client reports and presentations.
- Strong academic pedigree: top grades in Maths and Physics at A-level (and ideally Further Maths); followed by a 1st Class degree in Maths or Physics from a highly ranked UK university (non-UK universities will be considered but should be of equal global ranking).
- Either a Master’s, PhD or equivalent commercial experience in a quantitative analysis role.
- Strong communication skills (this is a consultancy), and ideally fluency in a mainstream second language (Spanish, German, French or Portuguese).
- Able to travel globally (travel can be up to 20% of the time and could be day trips away within Europe or a week away if further afield).
- Internship or commercial experience within a management consultancy, financial institution or multinational accountancy company would be desirable.
The role is office based and does require some flexibility as it can depend on time zones of where their clients are (early morning starts if working with Asian or Arabic companies, or evening finishes if working with Latin American clients). The company looks to support careers and develop your skills. They offer an excellent salary and an established route for career progression.
Keywords: Quant Analyst, Business Modelling, Statistical Inference, Consultancy, Technology Projects, Financial Services, Global Travel, Top Academics
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.