C++ Software Developer - Early Career and Above (26997)
This is an exciting opportunity to begin or accelerate your career in software development in a technically challenging position, encompassing the full development life cycle of applications using C and C++. With the backing of a team of skilled developers, you’ll be developing innovative core systems, architecture and infrastructure for low latency, performant use worldwide.
Computer Science and STEM graduates with a genuine interest in pursuing a software engineering career, or experienced software engineers will make best use of the many growth and career development opportunities offered by the company.
You will need:
- A good degree in computer science or similar STEM subject, and robust knowledge of the practical aspects of good computing practice (for instance, choosing good data structures and algorithms)
- C++ software development skills (other OO languages will be considered for candidates happy to learn C++)
- A good knowledge of object-oriented principles and practice, and some awareness of system-level concerns such as memory management
- Prior exposure to and use of Linux, and willingness to use professional developer tools on Windows (Visual Studio)
- A convincing appreciation of C++ developer tools, continuous integration, debugging techniques and the importance of good testing
- Full existing UK work permission is required.
An informal, Agile approach is taken by the friendly team, who are based out of their offices in Cambridge. Hybrid working of up to 2 days per week would be offered to successful candidates, once settled into the role. The remuneration package is comprehensive and includes a bonus scheme, private health cover, career development and support for learning opportunities, as well as an attractive salary. Travel to popular cities in the US, Canada and Asia – with the potential for an extended working visit – is also an option for those who would enjoy it!
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.