Risk Modeller - Climate Science (27000)
If you would like to play a role in addressing climate change in an actionable and substantial way, our Cambridge based client may have the right opportunity for you.
Our client seeks mathematical modellers, ideally with a background in climate science and / or risk analysis, to aid in developing intricate simulations which will allow businesses to assess their impact on the environment. This allows the businesses to then make practical and long-lasting changes to their manufacturing, logistics or future strategy, enabling them to meet new legislative requirements and close the gap on carbon-zero targets.
Using a range of modelling methods such as Markov Models, catastrophe modelling, corporate financial valuation and risk quantification, and accessing varied sources for data, the team produce environmental analytics top companies rely upon.
It is a fast-paced, but supportive environment, offering hybrid working, competitive salaries and opportunities for advancement.
To join the team of modellers, you will need:
- At least a bachelor’s degree (2:1 or above) in Climate Science, Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Economics or similar subject from a top university.
- Established skills in mathematical modelling, including building simulation models, probability, and statistics, and relating them to real world scenarios.
- Confidence and strong competence with languages such as Python (ideal), MATLAB, R and SQL.
- Evidence of your successful participation in research work involving gathering relevant data from multiple and varied sources, along with the ability to effectively communicate your findings to non-specialists and experts in your field.
- Full rights to work in the UK without time limits or sponsorship.
Your application would be enhanced with some of the following:
- Good knowledge of topics such as physical risk science, economics and finance.
- Specific expertise in energy modelling, the circular economy or issues affecting agriculture.
If you think this could be the kind of contribution you could offer and you are looking for the next boost to your career, get in touch with us today.
Keywords: Environmental Science, Climate Science, Risk Modelling, Cambridge, Mathematics, Economics, Python, Statistics, Natural Sciences, Analysis.
Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.