Graduate Mathematician - Biostatistics (24720)
This growing biostatistics team based within a medical / healthcare consultancy is looking for a Graduate / PhD to join them as a Biostatistician. Their projects are with global customers, and the team operate in the complex sector of clinical, medical, and healthcare markets, provide expertise in areas including drug design processes, disease modelling and governance.
This team provide key quantitative analyses of data from clinical trials for published models using regression analyses, Bayesian statistics and other emerging techniques.
- 1st / 2.1 degree qualification in maths, theoretical physics or statistics. Advanced degree qualifications (Masters or PhD) are preferred. Highly desirable would be projects based on medical statistics.
- Project experience in quantitative data analysis including substantial use of R. Strong preference would be projects that evidence demonstrable experience in clinical trial data or epidemiology. Additional experience with SAS would be advantageous.
- Background using statistical methods.
- Good communication skills – the role is to work with clients and so the ability to present and discuss projects is required (both written and spoken).
- An interest / passion for healthcare.
With customers based around the world, some international travel to attend client meetings or conferences is expected (possibly two to three times a year). Further, a key profile point will be attention to detail; understanding data and being able to extrapolate trends and build quantitative models is essential.
In return, the successful candidate can expect a supportive company, fast career progression and a good remunerations package.
Please note this is for an immediate start. Candidates with availability beyond summer 2019 will not be considered.
Keywords: Quantitative Analysis, R, Clinical Data, Bayesian, Healthcare, 1st / 2.1, Modelling, Consultancy, Fast Career Progression
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.