Financial Scenario Modeller, Experienced or Junior (26540)
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and growing start-up to develop your career in financial forecasting and probability modelling. If you are interested in mathematics, economics and how geopolitical or logistical issues might affect the success of businesses, you might enjoy helping them form new strategies to get the best outcomes for their continued success.
You will be a creative modeller with good software skills (preferably in Python) and will be keen to join and contribute to their dynamic team of forecasters and researchers. Along with modelling skills, you will have the opportunity to present your theories and strategies to clients, so good communication skills will be essential.
A competitive salary, share options and flexible hybrid working, as well as the chance to work in an energetic and lively Cambridge company is on offer to the right candidate.
You will need:
- A good degree (2.1 or above) or PhD from a well-respected university in a technical subject such as Computer Science, Physics, Maths or Economics
- Established skills in modelling languages, preferably Python, but MATLAB, R, SQL, C++ and Excel VBA would also be considered
- The ability to thrive in a team and to independently manage your time effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills; able to break down complex scientific theories for non-specialists
Your application will be enhanced if you also have some of the following:
- Previous experience with risk modelling or scenario development
- Skills in GIS systems, such as Quantum GIS, GeoPy or Spatial SQL
- Good understanding of dashboard development and data visualisations
- Familiarity with MVC/ORM, Django and/or Flask
You will also need full rights to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship.
Keywords: Python, Probability Modelling, Maths Modelling, Finance, Economics, Scenario Development, Risk, Cambridge, Hybrid Working, Flexible Working.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at https://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.